Monday, June 19, 2017

Open Jam with Tim Melanson - Wednesdays at Morton Pub, Thursdays at Point Park WizeGuyz

I host two jam nights a week.

The Vibe:

Wednesday - you don't really have to know the song that's being played... You can figure it out as you go, or play it your own way. Let's just have some fun.

Wednesday Rules:

If you play and sing, then you get first dibs... Everyone gets at least 3 songs... More depending on how many artists are there and how well you are rocking the night... I do my best to make sure everyone gets a chance.

If you are a singer and do not play... I can play songs with you, however, if there are other musicians who sing and also play, they get first dibs... so the best thing to do is bring someone to play guitar for you and then you also get the minimum 3 songs...

I try to mix things up as much as possible so if you show up with a band and you all want to play at the same time, please send me a quick message firs and show up right at 10.

Location : Morton Pub

Thursday - we tend to stick to the song, so if you want to play a song with a few musicians that also know the song (maybe not 100% of course but close enough) then Thursday one is for you.

Thursday Rules:

If the stage is empty, you can play what you want. However, if no one wants to jump on stage with you then I'll ask you to play something that everyone wants to play or I'll switch it up.

The trick to Thursday is to play the songs that the other musicians want to play... If you don't sing, then find a singer to sing the songs you want to play...

If you play and sing then you get 3 songs or more depending on whether everyone wants to keep playing your songs... The goal is for everyone to have fun... so sometimes we can jam on originals as long as they are well constructed and intuitive. The best bet is to play awesome songs that we all know or can figure out quickly.

I keep an eye on how many musicians are there and I try to give everyone equal playing time.

I try to mix things up as much as possible so if you show up with a band and you all want to play at the same time, please send me a quick message first and show up right at 10.

Location : Point Park WizeGuyz

Equipment:

I bring an acoustic guitar, electric guitar & amp, electronic drumset and bass

If you are a singer, you can sing songs with me, I have a book of songs or you can sing lyrics off your phone. If you want to be sure you get a few songs with me, make sure you show up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment